Glaslyn had modest origins as a stone fishing lodge in the late 1800s.
The lodge was purchased by a well known artist in the Victorian/Edwardian period - Mr H.W.B.Davis RA to create the original house with the lodge as its core. For his work, a studio was added with a number of outbuildings. His most famous painting was entitled Mother and Son. It depicted a horse and foal and was purchased by the Tate Gallery (along with several others) and it was one of the Medici Gallery`s best known prints in the 1950`s and was used on Sharps Toffee tins.
The property was later bought by GKN who did much of the bank work, building groynes and casting platforms to cover the best lies and introducing some concreted stretches of paths, wooden walkways and even galvanised walkways on the more inaccessible stretches of the home beat.
In late 2012 the estate was bought by Jonathan Stephens and Chee Lio